Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Idle thoughts...you have been warned.

Not much time to write, but I thought I'd mention a few things I scribbled down in moments of deep thought, read: not very deep at all.

1. If you scramble the letters in the word "FRAT" you get "FART"...I was in one, this is not a coincidence.

2.  Read this quote a few days ago by David Brancaccio (host for PBS's NOW),"The bigger TV you have, the dumber you are.  Smart people have TV's often, - but not very big ones."   The good news is that we have a small TV.  The bad news is that I would have a big TV if my wife would let me. Since I am probably in the vast majority of men in this, that is more proof that our wives make us smarter. [Dang It!] Probably another thing I should keep to myself. (Someone please make me stop!!)

3.  A few bad metaphors (or similes...I forget the difference)

       - "She clung to him like the wax paper thingy in the deli meat package"

       - "He punched holes in his argument like a clown on an ice pick pogo stick"

4.  I just went to a motivational seminar for my day job (my kids no longer believe I'm Spider-Man so Now I need motivation apparently), so it reminded me of a few of my favorite de-motivational posters.  Enjoy.

Bad Luck

Elephants

Moms Minivan
Simplicity  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Like the post? Let me know.