Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Subject (And Blog) Near And Dear To My Heart

As my family, friends (and a few who follow my blog) know, about eight years ago my wife and I ended a very emotional, whirlwind of a year by traveling to Belarus to adopt our two amazing boys, Caleb and Coleman. This is one of my favorite pictures of them, it's a few years old...they're 9 now.



One thing I've learned since then is that it never gets old meeting people who have gone through the same experience.  It is an experience that is beyond comparison.  You have by virtue of the "experience" a sort of kinship with other adoptive parents.  You know, without even saying it, that they too went through a terrible valley, only to see God move in amazing way and end up with the awesome blessing of having a child. Of course, the "experience" is over and now we just have our two boys.  Normal, tree-climbing, burping, hole-digging, eat-everything-in-sight, spilled milk, wall writing, and the occasional koi pond" destroying boys.  The reason I'm even writing this is my 3rd son Joshua (below)....

was a Tiger Scout this year and his den leader, Anthony Salem, and his wife are adoptive parents.  They have adopted multiple children.  Josh loved him and he was a great den leader. Sadly, his wife and he are heading back to South Africa, as they feel God has called them to the mission field.  Being a father is a passion of his and he has a fantastic blog.  I hope you'll take a look. Here's the link. No Greater Joy Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Like the post? Let me know.