Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Monday, August 29, 2011

Natural Disaster Week Delay

Between the earthquake, an angry 450-mile wide not-very-feminine hurricane name Irene, [Which leads me to a gripe, why are most of the really bad hurricanes named after women?  Think about it..Isabel, Katrina, my mother's generation got Hazel back in the '50's...I know there has to be some Freudian government conspiracy here...] which left the branch of an 80-foot tall Oak  (which is almost a tree in and of itself) dangling over my front yard very threatening-like,

not to mention this run-on sentence, which is more of a literary disaster, I have declared this week Mid-Atlantic Natural Disaster week.  And have not written any blogs.  I have some ideas, but no blog.  So this is a blog about not having a blog. Sorry about that, but in case anybody was wondering, we're all OK. 

So, Lord willing, and the branch doesn't take me out, please check back tomorrow.  I have something brewing in my head.  It has to do with King David, Freudian psychology, and leaf blowers.