Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Monday, August 8, 2011

Something Worth Dying For (Tribute To Fallen Soldiers)

In my own small way, I am mourning the loss of the Navy Seals this past weekend.  The true weight of the tragedy; however, is borne by the widows and children of those that perished.  They are, as the enemy might put it, collateral damage.  When I imagine my wife and children getting the news that Daddy is not ever coming home again, my heart sinks.  I freeze in my own skin, left breathless. The men that died were in a line of work that predisposed them to danger, to the possibility of capture, torture, maiming...and death.  They knew this and counted the cost to them and to their loved ones.  But they still considered this country and all the American flag stands for, something worth dying for. I am sure that if given the choice, they would do it all again. Few have their courage, their honor, and such a sense of duty. Thank God for them. May He have mercy on them and their families in this time unspeakable.

And to honor them, may we who bear the cross of Christ, He whose blood was shed for our eternal freedom, in a tribute to those who shed their blood for our freedom as Americans...may we live our lives to the fullest- and by so doing show the world that they did not die in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Like the post? Let me know.