Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Time Is Now

Quick thought. I am a terrible procrastinator.  I'm even worse if it's a task God has convicted me of that I really want to avoid (think Jonah).

I will keep doing the things I think I should be doing, i.e., praying, Bible, not cheating or lying...but NOT obeying God in this thing that He has told me to do.  

So I justify, make excuses (how many times have we refused to obey God by saying "..but that's not my gift!". You know you've done it), even whine and yell sometimes...until I finally obey...and how much easier life would have been.

Oswald Chamber repeatedly states in his devotional the importance of obeying NOW, when you hear the still small voice, NOW when you are convicted of sin, NOW when you know God is calling you to make a decision, big or small.  Don't hesitate, don't think, don't make excuses.  Obey now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Like the post? Let me know.