Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Forever fruit

Most of us have a few Scripture verses we run to when times get tough.  If you don't I highly encourage it - it beats the alternatives. I have many, but I was reminded of one one in particular which is in keeping with the whole revival theme, that is to say, me beginning to actually live out my faith in Jesus as if I really believed it.

"The fruit of righteousness will be peace, 
the effect of righteousness will be 
quietness and confidence forever" Isaiah 32:17

Now, I don't know about you, but peace, quietness, and confidence are things that, throughout my life, I have had precious little of.  Every time I meditate on this verse I am greatly encouraged that these "fruits" not only are ones I need of in my life, they are very accessible to me by merely "being myself"...myself in Christ, that is.  Because He is my righteousness. (Jer. 33:16). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Like the post? Let me know.