Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Monday, January 17, 2011

Survival Mode of the Spiritual Sort

For my huge band of followers (read: my brother) and those few who check out my blog, I have NOT fallen off the writing wagon.  In the busy-ness of my week, I had not realized that so much time had passed since I wrote. Actually, that "busy-ness" is what is on my heart.  When I say "I was busy", I'm merely being polite.  You know...when people ask how I'm doing, they don't want to know how I'm REALLY doing.  So, even if I have just duct-taped my head back on my neck, I will still be polite and say I'm doing fine or, as is the case here,  I'm busy and that's why I seem detached or grumpy or unfocused....or haven't written in 6 days.

Truth be told, this week I got worn out...even bordering on burnt out.  It affected my mood, my sleep, even physically (my back and neck have been in knots).  I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but I had gotten into spiritual survival mode.  I felt like this week I was fighting for my "spiritual" life, so I hunkered down and focused on keeping the main thing the main thing (see January 2).  So far so good.

This morning I was reminded of a Bible passage I had forgotten. Matthew 11: 28-30


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 


Yeah...pretty much what I needed.  If anyone else out there is going through a valley, savor on this a while (Psalm 62 is another good one). I'll try not to wait 6 days for my next post.  Also working on another Top Ten List..."Worst Times to say "I'm Licking My Chops".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Like the post? Let me know.