Blue Ridge Mountains

Blue Ridge Mountains

Monday, January 3, 2011

Power of the resurrection


In the spirit of keeping things light I give you "Stupendous Man".  Actually, I was reading Phillipians 3:10,11 yesterday.

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection 
and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, 
becoming like Him in His death, and so somehow,
 to attain to the resurrection from the dead."

The word "power" stirred something in me that I hadn't felt in a while.  A.W. Tozer wrote, "Lord, we desire to desire You"...not that he desired God, but desired "to desire" Him.  It was the humility to admit that in his broken state he had gotten to a place where he no longer desired God, but recognized God's desirable-ness. I think our Father will never deny such a honest and vulnerable request.  

I have lived the Christian life in my own strength, "powerless" for so long that I hadn't even realized it or desired otherwise.  So now I ask, "Lord, I want to want to know the power of your resurrection, and fellowship of sharing in your sufferings..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Like the post? Let me know.